Thanks to Astrid (http://astridswords.ca) for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award. Her blog shares personal experiences living with epilepsy and encouragement for all to never give up.
Since starting blogging regularly a couple months ago, I have noticed different reactions to these awards. Some view them as annoying ‘chain letters’, and others consider them as a great compliment. I can see both perspectives, but overall if it helps new bloggers (like me) get noticed, then I reckon it’s POSITIVE.
Just one more comment, before I start answering the questions and nominating others. The value of this process is increased by considering it’s criteria seriously: “consider the quality of the writing/photography, the uniqueness of the subjects covered and the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page.” I will do my best!
- Thank the person that has nominated you & include a link to their blog.
- Nominate at least 15 blogs of your choice.
- Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination.
- Share seven different facts about yourself.
7 Facts about Hubby / Lee:
1. I originally hoped that my wife (Lee) would regularly write on this blog too, but she’s not yet ready (although she contributed to these facts).
2. I never liked reading as a kid, possibly struggling with yet-to-be diagnosed dyslexia, and yet I seem to enjoy the writing / blogging. I love analogies.
3. We really enjoy a nice chocolate (who doesn’t!), but it can cause alot of reflux. Mars and M&Ms are favorites.
4. My wife loves to sing and I love to listen. (I didn’t get those singing genes).
5. Our dog had 6 puppies during her first year of life – now she’s nearly 9 years old and somewhat sick recently (praying for recovery).
6. We both had umbilical hernia operations as children, and we swam with dolphins, as a couple (no connection – I know).
7. I like making sushi – my wife likes to eat it!
Bonus fact: I would like to create a ‘haven’ for new bloggers dealing with mental health issues to support each other.