I planned to prepare this last night, but as commonly happens, life gets in the way. This time I can’t blame my wife. She’s amazing! She’s the best! She’s awesome! (I learnt to say that in couple therapy! 😉 ). My distraction came from an unexpected misunderstanding with the relationship coaching, that I had mentioned a couple times recently. I guess it’s fortunate that I hadn’t shared specific details, not wanting to affect their business, because I am sure it was unintentional and unavoidable.
As with other ‘low’ moments since I starting blogging, they always seem to be followed with interactions that recharge my motivation to keep me moving forward. This time, it came from connection with another ‘partner-of’ depression sufferer, who happens to be a family physician, just like me (comment from Thundercats77 on About us page), and then the amazing Danny included my 100+ follower milestone post in his Featured Bloggers list for yesterday.
So today’s theme was inspired by our couple therapy session a few days ago. This is such an important topic not only because mental health conditions can put strain on any marriage, but also because tension and conflict can trigger worsening symptoms of depression, particularly in bipolar disorder. Couple therapy is never easy, but it’s worth it. Remember that laughter can help in this process, so share this post with your partner and have a great weekend! 😀
Source: humortxt.info & pinterest.com
- A couple was having some trouble, so they did the right thing and went to a
marriage counselor. After a few visits, and a lot of questioning and
listening, the counselor said that he had discovered the main problem.
He stood up, went over to the woman, asked her to stand, and gave her a hug.
He looked at the man and said, “This is what your wife needs, at least once
The man frowned, thought for a moment, then said, “OK, what time do you want
me to bring her back tomorrow?”
- The marriage counsellor asked the wife and I to write down a list of everything that annoyed us about each other. After ten minutes I said “I can’t write anymore.””That’s ok”, she said, “we don’t want to be too critical.””No,” I said, “I’ve run out of paper.”
Source: jokes4us.com & sickipedia.org
Source: jokideo.com & glasbergen.com
- A husband visited a marriage counselor and said, “When we were first married, I would come home from the office, my wife would bring my slippers and our cute little dog would run around barking. Now after ten years it’s all-different. I come home, the dog brings the slippers and my wife runs around barking.”
“Why complain?” said the counselor, “You’re still getting the same service.”
- A husband and wife were at a party chatting with some friends when the object of marriage counseling came up.
“Oh, we’ll never need that. My husband and I have a great relationship,” the wife explained. “He was a communications major in college and I majored in theater arts.
He communicates real well and I just act like I’m listening.”
- Marriages are made in heaven. Then again, so are thunder, lightning, tornados and hail.
- Marriage is when a man and woman become as one. The trouble starts when they try to decide which one.